Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day Snippets!!

* Not only did Young get a snow day, Marc got a snow day from work tonight! How awesome to have an unexpected night with my whole family home! What a rare blessing that is.

* I went out with Isaac today. We sat in the snow, dug for treasure, watched the truck & tractor clear the snow from the church parking lot and took a walk. While Isaac wasn't about to lay in the snow, I went all out and even made a snow angel!

* My little boy wanted to cuddle with me this afternoon. I love that.

* I tried out my new long underwear for the trek outdoors. I might wear it under everything all winter long from here on out. Just you watch.

* Isaac & Hope did NOT get the memo about sleeping in on snow days. Someone needs to train these kids.

* Sending lots of emails about an awesome Wednesday night church night coming up at PH on February 16, and the high school winter retreat coming up this weekend.  There is so much to look forward to in the next few months at church. God has truly aligned the hearts of many of my friends with a similar vision for PH and we're making things happen! It's an exciting time.

* Started my Calvin Seminary class yesterday and excited to start a little snow day reading tonight on one of my books. My class is "Fostering Intergenerational Communities". I certainly consider it more than mere coincidence that I'm taking this class while my previous point about church stuff is happening.

* I finally changed my Christmas background. Yeah, it's an Easter one. I spent more time reflecting on Advent this year (thanks for the devotional, KB), and it made it much more meaningful. I'd like to spend more energy focusing on Easter and Lent this year, so I'm really excited about the Easter background!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yay for church nights and really cool about that class you're taking! I'm excited to hear about it.