Tuesday, September 6, 2011

my title

The title of my blog is : Near Unto Thee

"But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds." Psalm 73:28

I've recently started reading a devotional with the same name as my blog. As we have been rearranging our house/rooms to make room for our new student, I came across the book. It's one of Marc's that I've never seen or paid attention to before. The book is a collection of meditations written by Abraham Kuyper and I have found it very encouraging so far. I think I'm going to use my blog to write a few thoughts on these meditations as I read them. I'm hoping it will be a way for me to further internalize what I'm reading, and perhaps be a source of encouragement to others as well. I want this blog to truly be a place where I tell of all the Lords deeds and reflect upon what life looks like as I draw near to Him.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

ooohh. looking forward to your thoughts!