Thursday, November 1, 2012

Give Thanks Day 1

Year after year I see people do the "Give Thanks" month on their blog for November. Well, this year I'm hopping on that bandwagon!

As I hope to instill in my children thankful hearts, I must model that attitude for them and figure this is a start! I'll also be doing some activities with the kids this month but am trying to come up with those yet. We did a thanksgiving tree last year, which was fantastic, but they are doing one in Isaac's class this year so I'm trying to think of something different. It also has to be flexible enough to be interrupted with baby girl coming and the chaos of a newborn at home. So, nothing set in stone, but hoping to have some fun this month with the kiddos as we look forward to Thanksgiving!

What I am thankful for today is medicine. As I am now overdue and think on my past pregnancies, I wonder what would have happened (and what would happen) without modern medicine!? Would Isaac have survived 100 years ago being overdue with low fluids & not coming out after 3 hours of pushing? What would have happened? What is this baby was overdue & there was no way of interveening to make sure she comes out healthy? I have too many friends who have or are dealing with cancer right now - in themselves or their children - and the chemo they are receiving is sustaining their lives. From a simple prilosec that allows me to eat without throwing up every day to the life-saving measures that doctors and nurses perform each and every day - I am grateful.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Modern medicine does have some perks.. but I think you forgot PAs in your list. I'll let it slide this time though since most of the most of the population thinks we are docs or nurses anyway. ;)