Sunday, September 7, 2014

B is for Butterfly

 

Bible: "The Terrible Lie" - Talk about how God is absolute truth

Printable letter search: we'll use something like the butterfly letter search found HERE

Craft: Love the Butterfly on THIS site. I'm hoping to fill our dining room windows with these fun crafts from our letters each week.

Books: "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and we'll see what else we find at the library.

Counting/Sorting: Holy smokes - this lady has done it all: B is for Butterly ideas
Pretty much just going to use her site for all my B activities!! For sure going to use the matching butterly game. I plan to make some butterflies out of fun scrapbook paper that I have, then cutting them in half for Hope to match.

Outside Play: Our home has a cement wall around it, which means I can use sidewalk chalk AGAIN this week! :) I'm going to draw butterflies randomly on the walkway and wall around our house, and we'll go on a "butterfly hunt" to try and find all of them. Who knows? Maybe we'll see some real butterlfies on the hunt!

Music: "If I were a butterfly": Do you remember this song? Can't wait to teach Hopey, she's going to love it! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imO2NiKo_AQ

Snack: My friend sent me a picture of the cutest butterfly snack - found it on pinterest here. So many of the snack ideas I find are unavailable here in Dar. We don't have a lot of crackers, hard to find pretzels (and they are expensive when we find them), and cereal is over $6/box for the very very off brand. So a snack with apples, PB and carrots is a perfect fit!

No comments: