Monday, March 16, 2009

A few less chains...

Since Marc and I got married, it has been our goal to become debt free. We both carried debt into our marriage and have incurred a bit more over the years (i.e. still paying off St. Mary's from when Isaac was born), but we have slowly but steadily reduced our debt.

This past week, we have paid off 2 debts, one of which we have been paying on for almost 4 years. Today, I am celebrating and praising God for his faithful provision to us.

Debt makes me feel chained up. I feel less freedom to give and to help others because we have our own 'financial woes' to deal with. I have many people in my life that I would love to help and I cannot wait until we have more freedom to do so.

Paying off debt is a huge joy for me. I feel like a few of these chains have fallen off. We are gaining more freedom.

I can't wait to someday call up Dave Ramsey & declare "We're Debt Free!"

3 comments:

GOTG said...

Atta girl, way to go! I am quite excited for you and this accomplishment...hold that head high!

Unknown said...

Gretchen,

I am so happy for you guys and the fact that God continues to bless you guys in many ways. The scripture that really pushed us is "there is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty", Proverbs 11:24. We really grabbed hold to this and believed God's word. We have applied the principles of sowing and reaping to everything in our lives. We have sowed seed in time, and treasure and God has not failed us yet. I just wanted to encourage you guys because we continue to pray for you and I know he will continue to bless you guys!

Bree said...

congrats! thats huge!