Monday, May 2, 2011

Things I am looking forward to

It's May! There is so much I am looking forward to this month:
* Marc's 2nd college graduation on Saturday, followed by a little open house gathering (you're all invited 7pm-10pm)
* A few team meetings for our Chicago missions trip this summer. I'm really looking forward to this trip!
* Tigers game with Oasis
* Open houses for a lot of the graduating seniors
* Reducing my hours at work. I'm a bit apprehensive about the finances of this, but the hours will be great! I feel like I'll be able to put my full focus on work and my kids more, rather than feeling constantly pulled in both directions and not feeling like I'm giving either my 100%.
* Bible Study. I'm really enjoying the book we are reading, and the group of women I am getting to know. I'm looking forward to seeing how God works in and through our group.
* Camping! We are going to the CR Conference Grounds over Memorial Day weekend. I'm SO thankful that Marc subbed several days in April, making this and the Tigers game possible. Thanks, babe! Young has never seen Lake Michigan, and he is really excited for camping too. I think it'll be a great way to end May.
* The best block sale of the year (thanks for the introduction to it, K.B.).
* Hopefully hitting my 20lb weight loss mark (1.2lbs away - this better happen in May!) and possibly my goal weight (ideally about 8lbs).
* I'm really hoping that by the end of this month we may have some clearer direction as to what next year might look like for us: moving, staying, jobs, Young, money, etc.

There is so much to be looking forward to, and thankful for!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

yay for May! don't forget about better weather, trips to the zoo, playing outside, walks, increase in playdates as work lessens... i'm excited for you in all these things!