Friday, December 16, 2011

My little Peanut

Hope had her 15 month well child visit today. I was anxious to see if her body had started catching up with her head yet, and also wanted to hear what the doc thought about her lack of standing/walking and speech.

She weighed in a whoppin' 19.75lbs, keeping her in the 10% for weight. Don't know where this is coming from! She started out at 8lbs 12oz and the doc says her 'DNA is kicking in' and that she'll probably be a bit smaller. Seriously? Um, she's healthy so I don't care, but her DNA comes from me & Marc, right? Yeah, cause we're definitely not in the 10% for our weights/heights/age!

She was 30 inches long, keeping her in the 50% for height. We're going to end up with a 6'4 Isaac and a 5'4 Hope. :)

And her head - still WAY off the charts. There was a slight increase in the curve she's been following, but nothing too alarming. I was hoping for a bit more of a decrease to bring her back into the 'normal' range, but I guess it's all just numbers. I think my daughter is a beauty - big head and all.

Developmentally, she's not considered 'behind' quite yet, but is on the tail, tail end of where she should be. She's still only saying 'Ma-Ma' and 'Da-Da'. Nothing more, although something I think she tries to say book or dog, but they all kind of sound the same. She doesn't babble. She doesn't try to imitate sounds. She's doing well with pointing at things, and it's clear she can understand when I ask her questions. She can go around the dining room table & point to all 7 of us correctly. She doesn't have a problem hearing or understanding, just potentially getting the sounds out.

As for walking, the doc says they like to see kids walking on their own by 16 months and to continue to practice with her. I look at her skinny little legs & wonder how her muscles can even hold her up sometimes - talk about chicken legs!!

Typically kids don't have an 18 month check up, but our doc thought it would be wise to see where she's at physically & developmentally. If she's still on the tail, tail end of things, our doc would like to call in early childhood people to help with some physical and speech therapy.

Overall, she's healthy and boy is she a happy thing! Although after 4 shots and about 4 teeth about to break through, today is quite possibly the crabbiest I've ever seen her. Poor little peanut!

No comments: