Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Things I love about Grand Rapids

Haha - I started this and forgot about it. Um, it's quite obvious that our weather has changed dramatically since I started this post! :) 

February and March are the worst months to live in GR, in my opinion. It's cold, gray and dull. So, I thought I would start a list of things I love about this city to remind myself that good things are still around ( or coming soon)!

1. The farmers market. We make our way at least a couple times a month. I cannot wait for it to open again!!! I'm craving fresh and Looal produce!

2. Fall. Oh how I love the fall in Michigan! The colors, the apples, the pumpkins, being outside for walks and hikes. If we ever move to a different climate, fall will be something I miss tremendously about West Michigan.

3. Wolfgangs. The Cooper for breakfast along with some hazelnut coffee is a quick cure for any winter blues!

4. An accessible downtown. It's not to big or too small. I don't get lost. Parking isn't going to break the bank and isn't too hard to find. There are a lot of neat things going on downtown, including a lot of newer restaurants I want to check out someday.

5. Summer and the lakeshore. We really have beautiful summers and live so close to the lake! I wish we took advantage of this more...a day at the beach, walking the pier, getting ice cream...maybe this summer we will!

6. Reeds lake and jersey junction. Yes, those go hand in hand. I love walking around the lake, or getting ice cream and hanging out at the park.

7. Art prize. I love walking around an art and people filled downtown in the fall. I'm not hugely into art, but I appreciate it all the same.

8.Fredrick Meijer Gardens. The last two years my parents have blessed us with a family membership there for our Christmas gift. The Christmas trees and train in the winter and the outdoor areas and butterflies - so much to see & do!

Whats on your list???

No comments: