Sunday, October 14, 2012

Unexpected blessings

Blessing #1: A couple weeks ago, a former youth group student texted me saying that she was coming to watch our kids the next night so Marc and I could go out and she wouldn't take no for an answer. So she did. Marc and I used a gift card for dinner that we got LAST CHRISTMAS because we hadn't been out alone in so long. SO what we needed - especially before baby!

Blessing #2: A friend graciously offered to keep my kids for a few hours just becasue I was having a no-good, very bad day. I got to do some errand-running kid-free and clear my head for a bit, which was SO necessary. She also listened to me cry and vent and question and break down. It was exactly what I needed.

Blessing #3: While literally searching the online garage sale site for a fall jacket & jeans for Isaac (his winter one is down & really poofy/big) besides his non water-proof fleece, I get a message from a friend asking if I needed a mid-weight coat for Isaac. Um, yes please! Went over the next day & it's a perfect fit. Doens't stop there though. She then says, "Oh, he's a size 6, huh? Need any jeans?". Why yes, yes I do. All the ones I bought this summer he grew out of before he even wore. Came home with 6 pair of jeans, long sleeved shirts, shorts, short sleeved shirts, PJ's and a jacket. For free. Another amazing blessing.

Blessing #4: I let someone down. I messed up and hurt a relationship I value in the process. Through shame and tears, I apologized and was offered grace and forgiveness. That whole grace thing that Jesus tells us about - it's FOR ME TOO! What an ugly situation to remind me that I am in desperate need of Jesus (and others) grace as much as anyone else. It was humbling and ugly, and the pregnancy hormones did not help the day of sobbing that had commenced, but it was a beautiful reminder.

No comments: