Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A New Skill

Isaac decided enough was enough. Enough of always being on his back. Enough of only being able to roll to his side. Today was the day Isaac decided to roll over. I knew it would be today. I purposefully stayed home this morning until 9 hoping it would happen before I had to leave for work. About 10 minutes into my drive, Marc called. He missed it too. Isaac was on his playmat and Marc went downstairs to switch the laundry. He came up and Isaac was very proudly on his tummy. He can now roll in both directions, and once he gets on his tummy, he can roll onto his back again too! What a champ. I have to admit I got a little teary when I realized I missed his first roll. It's times like those when I'm sad that I have to work away from home at all. I need to realize that even if I was home, I could've been in the other room just like Marc and missed it too.Here is one of my closest friends, Kim and her daughter Rebekah.

Our attempt at getting all the kids together. This is what meal time looked like. Amazingly we were able to sit down for 3 meals together!

2 comments:

Laffin's said...

You look so lovely in that pic with Isaac. Don't worry, I stay home with Ruby but she would roll over in her crib and I didn't see it for awhile.

Anonymous said...

thats soooo awesome!