Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A cluttered mind

1. I leave for CA in 3 days. Despite switching leaders, changing airline tickets, registering a new leader and doing it all 4 days before the trip, I think all the details are falling into place. Marc can no longer go on the trip because his old job refuses to pay his vacation time. The vacation time that he's earned and asked off probably 6 months ago. Ugh. Anyhow, Kerri has graciously agreed to step in and it all happened pretty easily! I am grateful.

2. I want Kelly's baby to arrive before I leave! I just have this feeling it'll happen when I'm in the van on the way to Detroit or sometime while I'm gone. I can't wait to meet the little one & find out who he or she is! Praying for you Kel!

3. My training for the tri kinda sucked last week. And to be honest, the beginning of this week too. I went swimming over my lunch today and I'm going running tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to get in at least 3 runs next week during SERVE. We'll see how that goes.

4. We have decided to take in 2 exchange students again next year. I was thinking that with Marc working 2nd shift again that having only 1 student would be more awkward for me than having 2. Also, both boys could be upstairs, so no one would have to sleep in the small, windowless room in the basement. We really enjoyed our experience last year, and hopefully will love these new boys just as much!

5. Chris Schoon is leaving our church soon. I'm sure their family is going through a ton of emotions as they prepare to say goodbye to family, friends, neighborhood and church. I haven't slowed down enought to truly think how much this will affect our church, and our staff. I don't want to.

6. I need to study for my Bible knowledge exam.

7. Hennie Schoon is a wise woman. We talked a few weeks ago at a staff gathering and she helped me put something into perspective. I've been struggling with the idea that a year from now, Marc & I might be moving/leaving just like the Schoons. I love where I'm at and I love what I do. It's hard to think of leaving something you love so dearly to step into the unknown. Hennie reminded me of a lesson we all learned way back in preschool: taking turns. I realized that for almost 4 years now, Marc has been allowing me to have 'my turn'. He has followed me through 2 churches and allowed me to do what I love. I need to allow him to have his turn of doing what he loves. That may mean sacrificing for me, and while I hate to think of leaving Plymouth, I'm also becoming more open to what God might have in store for Marc & our family. When I'm honest, there is a growing part of me that is longing to be home with Isaac and perhaps that's what God has in store for me. Time will tell.

8. Only a few more weeks until Emilie finds out if baby is a boy or a girl! She doesn't even look pregnant yet!

9. I feel like the fall is going to be here before I know it & that stresses me out.

10. I'm disappointed that no-one came to my first high school bible study. I understand that people are busy and that summer is busy, but I HATE the idea that because it's summer, we just don't study God's word together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you going to see MY alum in cali, or a old service site or something?

Kelly said...

Hey you -- hang in there!

1. I'm so glad to hear that things worked out so easily for CA.

2. I don't think anything is happening...and you'll probably be home again before baby arrives. I will call your cell if that isn't the case, but it's really not likely.

5. We will miss Chris too -- it will be sad without him and his family around.

7. So that's when Ali and Issac will learn to share? preschool...hmmm... :) We also hope that you won't have to leave, but God has amazing plans and I know He's got special things in store for you!

8. It's true -- she's so skinny yet! I'm jealous and ready to trade bodies with her! :)

10. I can imagine - did you get any better response for tonight? Though I'm incredibly sad that the students haven't committed, it does mean that you can join our ladies study when we meet!

Love you!!