Monday, August 3, 2009

On Friday I took a group of students up North a bit to go on a Dune Buggy ride. I typically don't take Isaac to many events - especially if Marc isn't there, but I thought he could handle it. He did incredibly well and conquered his fear of sand and some of his fear of water.

On Saturday morning, we packed up the van and headed to Wheaton to visit our good friends George & Melissa. They have Hannah & Dylan who are about 2 months older than Isaac, and Ella who is 6 months. We took a little trip to a local 'zoo' which was filled with farm animals and plenty of paths for the kids to run on.

How cute!



On Sunday we walked into town to get coffee and along the railroad tracks to a little park. All the kids had a lot of fun and required a bath that evening. I bet this photo shows up in wedding slide shows 25...or 30 years from now!
On our way home, Marc and I started the oh so fun conversation of where we'll look for teaching jobs a year from now for him. It's scary to think/talk about. One of my many limitations I've placed on this whole search is that it must be within a 10 hour drive from GR. I want to be able to drive home and not have to fly, and I also want other people to be able to visit without flying. Our favorite so far is Rochester, NY, however I heard today they have horrible winters. Not so sure I'm excited about that. Do you have any ideas for us?

3 comments:

Kelly said...

uhoh...does Ali have some competition?? Hannah and NY!

Cari said...

True, NY is extremely snowy and rural. NJ is great! come our way. We love it! 12 hours away but close enough to visit family.

Laffin's said...

those are some of the cutest pics! you know my suggestion for where you should look. :)