Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Big Decision

After crying myself to sleep last night and Marc being wired until about 5am, we were finally able to come to a conclusion this morning about our immediate future. We both feel a peace about Marc cutting back on school right now while continuing to work full time. This means the graduation party is posponed until December 2010, but what a party it will be! While Marc finishing school is high on the priority list, it came in second after evaluating the prospect of Marc working only part-time. We just can't swing it right now.

There are several pros to this decision, in my mind:

1. Marc will have a little more time to be around the family.

2. He will also have time to focus more on really learning what's he's being taught, rather than just doing it to get it done.

3. We will be able to continue our debt snowball & make a little progress over the next year, rather than making minimum payments on everything & making very little progress.

4. I will be working at least 2 more years at Plymouth. While I am looking forward to the day when I can stay at home, I'm not upset at all about being at Plymouth right now.

5. We will have a little flexibility in our budget and may be able to take a spring break trip for a few days.

6. I love my friends. I get at least 1 more year of being in GR around them. Again, I'm looking forward to experiencing more of the globe, but perhaps right now that just means through trips and vacations.

7. We have another year to figure out what to do about our Quimby street house.

I'm sure there are probably more, but after such an intense, emotional week, my brain is fried.

Thanks for those who were praying for us. Please continue to pray. This decision by no means makes the semester easy for either of us, but it will make it a bit easier.

And by the way, my husband is amazing. And I love him dearly. :)

No comments: