Friday, May 14, 2010

Fast track to jelly belly

I had my 24 week appointment yesterday, which was fairly uneventful. On the way back to the room, I had my monthly stop at the scale and WHOA buddy. It topped off at 10lbs more than 4 weeks ago. Did you catch that? 4 WEEKS ago. I had a minor freak out moment after which the lovely nurse encouraged me to take off my shoes & sweatshirt . That brought it down to 7lbs which was a tad easier to swallow. A tad. I made the nurse give me 'official orders' to exercise more and eat healthier so we don't have this scenario each office visit. Then I called Marc to tell him my 'official orders' and enlisted his help. So this morning I walked around Reeds Lake and I'm trying to not eat all the sweets in sight today. Hopefully with the warmer weather Isaac and I will be outside more and much more active.

Other than my fast track weight gain, everything is looking good. I'm measuring right on for 24 weeks and have my glucose test next week. Yummy.

After my morning walk I hit up a few East GR & Alger Heights garage sales and got a few deals. Oh, and have I mentioned that I spent from 8:30am-3:00pm without Isaac? Don't get me wrong, I love my little man and enjoy (almost) every moment with him, but having a full morning and part of the afternoon childless is something that hasn't been done in, well, I don't know how long. Usually when I don't have Isaac it is because I have exchanged him for 20 middle school or high school students. AHH, I'm already LOVING having Marc don't with classes!!!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Ah, January was my 10 pounder month...I blame it on a post-Christmas pregnancy binge. There may or may not have been another 10 pounder in February due to my love for heart shaped Little Debbie cakes- ha! Good for you getting out there and getting exercise...I think I compensated by watching a lot of The Biggest Loser while eating Dairy Queen. =)