Friday, May 21, 2010

Last minute thoughts

In under 24 hours (18 hours actually) we will hopefully be on the road to Virginia! Here are a few random thoughts as we get ready to go:

* Rain has not helped us prepare. Saturday morning we will have to set up the camper, clean it, pack it & take it down all before we leave. It will be a busy morning. Thank goodness the water challenge is over & I can drink coffee!

* I'm 25 weeks pregnant already! It's going so quick! Baby is moving a ton and I'm feeling great, although the belly is starting to get in the way of things, like breathing and the refrigerator door, for example.

* My due date was Monday. I cried a lot. But I had lots of great support from Marc, my family and lots of friends. Thank you for helping me get through that day.

* I can't wait to someday own our own pop-up camper. That's about as luxurious as I will be able to convince Marc to go, which is fine with me. I grew up camping in a pop-up. Bring on the itty bitty sink, the popcorn sound as it rains and the sweet lights that will hang from the canopy. My friend Kara is letting us borrow her pop-up and it's loaded with everything we could imagine!

* Have I told you all that MARC IS DONE WITH CLASSES? Just in case I hadn't...

* Kerri will be moving in for the week while we are on vacation. Feel free to check in with her and offer her food. :)

* The week we get back
Monday: Memorial day & unpacking/cleaning
Tuesday: work - hopefully not too many emails!
Wednesday: Staff retreat day
Thursday: work/set up garage sale/Sang's graduation
Friday: Sang leaves in the morning/garage sale/youth group leader dinner

Whew - good thing I'm going to relax next week cause it gets busy again quickly! All good things though, all good things.

Okay, with that, I'm off to do more laundry and try to pack!

Adios!

No comments: