Monday, January 23, 2012

Lots to Learn

I am looking forward to learning a lot this week! I met with my accountability partner this morning after a unintentional break of 6 weeks - it's amazing how much the Lord can do in that amount of time. We had so many things to celebrate this morning, whereas we typically have more burdens and prayer requests. Refreshing.

Wednesday night is our Not A Fan small groups at church, which I have been thoroughly enjoying. I read the chapters today & underlined a TON for this week. Oh boy.

I get to go to the Worship symposium at Calvin all day Thursday. As well as attending the sessions, I was invited to join in a choir for Thursday morning and evening. I haven't sang in a choir since I lived in Oakland and was one of three white girls with not much rhythm singing in a Gospel Choir who had a LOT of rhythm. Should be fun, although I'm still waiting to get the music...I don't even know what we're singing yet!

Friday & Saturday I'll be in Chicago at a Youth Specialties conference! I'm heading out early Friday morning with another youth pastor friend & Marc is meeting me in Chicago Friday night with the kids. Saturday when I'm done, we'll head to a dear friends house for the night and arrive home later Sunday evening.

Praying for a clear and focused mind this week so I can soak up all the wonderful things I can learn from others!

1 comment:

Laffin's said...

Lots of people from our church music dept. (Sojourn Music) will be at that symposium. Maybe you will run into them :) that would be sweet. have fun