Monday, August 27, 2012

Beauty

I have a beautiful new niece, Elizabeth (Ellie) Joy. She was born Friday afternoon and is a beautiful little girl! Her older brothers are smitten with her, as is Hope. And my new little niece, well, she already loves her auntie, I can tell. I just KNEW Ellie was going to try to make her arrival on Friday - the day of my exam - the exam that counted for 100% of my grade for my 2nd to last class for my MA. I was anxious thinking that she would come right in the middle of my exam and I would have to miss being at the hospital. I've been at the hospital for all 3 of my nephews, and I was in tears and all kinds of stressed out on Friday thinking about possibly missing this moment with Ellie. But little one waited - not long - but she waited. I got to the hospital and got to spend time with my sis & bro-in-law for a few hours before the doc said it was go time.

No matter how many times my sister, my friends or I have given birth, it's a miracle each and every time. To walk out of the room with "Ellie in the belly" and come back in a mere 30 minutes later to see this perfect little creation laying on her mama's chest - oh - tears flowed, friends.

And a mere 9 weeks from now (give or take) I get to experience this again. I cannot wait to meet my little girl, to introduce her to you all & for her to meet her baby cousin. Hope, Ellie and this baby are going to have so much fun together as they grow! I am feeling very blessed, indeed.

No comments: