Friday, October 10, 2008

Count your blessings, name them one-by-one...

I finally got the call today from the housing commission. Our inspection is next week Wednesday at 4:00pm. If we pass the inspection, our prospective tenant will be able to move in and we will finally have Quimby Street rented out! Please pray that there are no set backs and that our home passes!

I was thinking just yesterday about the idea of 'counting your blessings'. I decided to list 10 blesings in my life today:

1. A loving husband who works SO incredibly hard not only at school and work, but also at home as a husband and father. (I love you so much Marc!)
2. A healthy and hearty son who is hard to leave in the morning, but brings such joy to my life! I love watching him grow and learn.
3. An amazingly lovely (and large) home to live in and share.
4. High school exchange students who are teaching me things about parenting, high school boys, Korean culture, and hospitality.
5. Unexpected surprises: last week Marc and I came home to find several warm outfits for Isaac (very cute outfits too!) which was a huge blessing. He grew to fast and we wern't prepared with the right clothes and we have limited funds until Quimby is rented out. This was such a gift! Also, a family from church brought over a meal for us last night, because the mom knew how busy I had been lately and wanted to do that for us. Wow. Sometimes it's hard to accept these unexpected gifts - I want to be strong and think I can do it all on my own. I'm grateful though.
6. Great friends & family. I am so grateful for the amazing friendships I have formed at church over the last year. I love having family close by to spend time with. Our oasis group at church is becoming community! Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!
7. A toilet that flushes! From the time we moved into the parsonage, our master bath toilet could only by flushed by taking the top off the tank and pulling up on the lever inside the tank. We finally got a plumber this past week who fixed it! Yay!
8. Seniors in the youth group. We had a senior meeting this past week and I was encouraged by the energy and ownership displayed by these students. It's going to be a great year!
9. Free babysitters. Thank you mom, Em & mother in law for the time you spend watching Isaac. Marc and I would really be up a creek without you all. I LOVE the fact that my son gets to bond with his Oma, Grandma & Auntie too.
10. The Word of God. What a blessing the word of God is in my life. I wish I was more dedicated to reading it and studying it. It truly is my daily bread.

What are some of the blessings in your life?

No comments: