Monday, December 29, 2008

Goals, Goals, and more goals

Update on my progress:


My old boss, Jeff, taught me how to write effective goals for my ministry when I first started at Sunshine. I have taken to writing goals for just about everything. It's the first thing I do monday morning when I'm planning out my week and the first thing I do each semester and summer for ministry.

I even write goals for my vacation time. Thus, this post. If I don't write goals, I'll end up watching HGTV or the 'Deadliest Catch' marathon all day. So...I am on vacation this week, despite a 5 hours meeting tomorrow evening. These are the things I'm hoping to accomplish:

1. Clean my bathroom! Check!
2. Scrape the wallpaper off the 1/2 bath. Half Check...still a ways to go.
3. Finish crocheting the baby blanket I'm working on (baby due Jan 28!)
4. Hang pictures in the hallway, bedroom & office.
5. Have a date night with Marc (he's laid off this week :( ) If bowling tonight counts...check!
6. Read a book. This may have been too lofty a goal.
7. Use my gift cards to buy some new clothes. Lost the gift card, but bought new clothes!
8. Have breakfast/lunch/coffee w/ friends I haven't talked with in a long time. Check several times.
9. Bring in the patio furniture...this might be a few months late, but better late than never! Marc accomplished this goal for me! Thanks babe!
10. Workout a couple times. Bought the Biggest Loser Yoga w/ Bob. Have done it once.
11. Figure out January budget. That's what I should be doing right now...
12. Paint toenails. Check!
13. Buy/make everything for Leah's shower. Check!
14. Buy/make/clean for New Years Eve party. Check!
15. Catch up on my Bible study. ugh....

Okay, it's beautiful and sunny and I'm highly motivated right now. Time to tackle some of these goals!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

16. Playdate with Kelly and Ali. :) How's Tuesday lookin'?

GOTG said...

that is one serious list!! Bring it on girly!!