Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas in January


DeWayne and Leah...and the Care Bears. DeWayne got those to match his childhood blanket. :)



Marc and his siblings: Jen, Kerri, & Leah.


We celebrated our final Christmas party this afternoon. After having a New Years eve party, a baby shower and 5 adults on vacation for a week, I had no motivation left to clean things up before everyone arrived. Good thing my family loves me and doesn't mind a toy cluttered, handprint covered, messy house!

I am looking forward to all of us being back into a routine. I am remembering how desperately I need routine in my life, along with my goals. There is a part of me that longs for the days when I can stay at home with the kids (someday we'll have more than one!) and not have the chaos of working full time on top of being a mom. There is another part of me that thinks I need (or maybe know how to function better) in a busy or full schedule. Maybe I'm just saying that to convince myself that I can handle work/mothering. Of course, if (when?) I am blessed enough to stay at home I'm sure I will find plenty to keep my schedule full, but will it be a routine or new everyday? Will I be the type to schedule days to dust, do laundry, volunteer somewhere, exercise...or just fly by the seat of my pants. It's funny - I always believed I was a 'fly' type of person, but I really crave the normalcy a schedule brings. I guess we'll see when the time comes.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

haha. that's so funny. I was just going through my routine too. I never thought that I could do the full-time mom thing because I'd need that push of a time crunch to get anything done, but it's amazing how quickly you can adapt! When time comes, you'll love it! (But we never want to lose you from PH!).

Cari said...

I never thought I could be a full time mommy either but I am SO BUSY! There is always something to do and I find each day the same (routine) but also full of changes that keep it from not being boring. When you are able to be home full time you will love it. I sure do and I always thought I would be a career woman!!