Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hopes for 2009

I have learned over the years (especially married years) that I can plan, but God ususally has a different plan. I like to think about the future and start to dream about what may be, so I thought I would share some hopes and dreams for the next year. It'll be interesting to see a year from now what has happened.

* Pay off a few more debts & build up our Emergency fund
* Marc to get through 2 more semesters!
* Take a week long vacation with my family
* Have the conversation about baby #2
* Lose another 5lbs-10lbs
* Meet my neice or nephew, and several other playmates for Isaac
* Try several new recipes and learn how to meal plan a bit better (thanks for the inspiration Tera!)
* Know God and his word more.
* faithfully exercise (have now done yoga 3 times since Jan 1)
* Say "good bye" to Tim & Jung in June :( and perhaps "hello" to another student in the fall
* Fight with Kerri's friends, Mary & Jamie, to keep her living with us and not them.
* Read more books. I have many on my 'to read' list.
* Take more pictures and explore that hobby a bit more
* Have the conversation about our future post-marc's graduation.
* New renters or buyers next fall for our Quimby street house.
* Drink more water & less Diet Coke.
* Deepen friendships - be intentional in my relationships.
* Honor my husband more & better.
*

That last one is for you to fill out for me. Ideas?

1 comment:

Bree said...

*Go out for coffee with Bre!
(and change the url on the link from faithenough-to-love, to faithenough-for-love)