Thursday, January 29, 2009

$105.24 Richer in 5 minutes

So tonight one of my goals was to check and make sure my passport was still valid and would be for my trip to the DR. We have a place we keep all our important documents, and in it tonight I found:

1. My passport, which is still valid. I think I'll have to bring along a copy of our marriage license, however, since on my passport I'm a Zuidema.

2. A $20 bill.

3. A $12 check I got to cover a lost hat over thanksgiving.

4. Our towing bill for $62 from last month which I am sending to our insurance agent tomorrow.

5. A receipt for $11.24 from one of the Christmas presents we bought someone and found out they already had it and now need to return.

There you have it, $105.24 richer in 5 minutes!

God provides in some creative ways sometimes, huh?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Nice! It's always fun to find a few extra $ laying around. I typically find a few buck every year when I pull out my winter coat again!

AS for the passport - I'd look into whether or not it will work under your maiden name. I had to get mine updated with "Buist" before we went to Canada. It's cheaper tho, when it hasn't expired yet...

Jane Tiesenga said...

You are so funny! Think of how much you would find if you went on Deal or no Deal!!!!! Keep looking for that extra cash! Why do you think they call it pennies from Heaven