Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thankful

Tonight I am thankful for the wonderful community God has given me through Plymouth Heights. I have made amazing friends and really feel a part of the family here. I'm thankful for our Oasis bible study - that we can all feel free to share stuff going on in our lives & will pray for each other.

I am thankful for having a washer & dryer. Our dryer was broken for about 2 weeks, and with 6 people in this house, we had a mountain of laundry almost competing with the mountain of snow in our yard (see Marc's blog). Mike Feys from church came over last night and fixed it all up. I never appreciated the convenience of having this amenity in our home. I do now!

I'm thankful for my family who watches Isaac while I work. Our family schedule is tough, but it would be truly impossible without my mom, sister and mother in law who all spend time weekly watching Isaac so Marc can go to class and I can go to the office. Kerri also helps a ton without much notice. I'm constantly asking her "can you watch Isaac for a sec so I can...". Thanks Ker!

I'm thankful that I have an ambitious and intellectual husband. I admire his desire to learn and pursue a dream of being a teacher. There have been so many times we've both wanted to give up on his education, but we see the light at the end of the tunnel. 3 semesters until graduation. Let the countdown begin!

I'm thankful for a healthy son. I keep hearing of health conditions of little ones that would be incredibly difficult to bear as a mother. I pray for those mothers and children, and thank the Lord that Isaac is healthy.

I'm thankful that we are able to live in this amazing home. It is a huge blessing to be next to church & work, have space to host meetings and parties and be able to have others living with us.

There are numerous times every year...okay...every month, where I get overwhelmed with life. I start thinking WAY ahead and freak out. I compare our life & situation with my friends and get jealous. I think of how far we have to go & get frustrated. I think things are impossible and I doubt.

Being thankful is one of my ways to combat this ugliness. So tonight, I'm thankful.

No comments: