Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The times, they are a-changin'

In less than two weeks from now, we will have gone from 7 to 5 in this house.

In less than 4 weeks we'll be down to 4.

We may or may not get down to 3 in this big ole' house this summer.

If so, play-dates will be a-plenty, BBQ's and game nights will abound and every facebook quiz out there will probably be taken. :)

I have mixed feelings about all this change. It sounds refreshing and quiet on the one hand. It could be great for Marc and I to reconnect a bit - especially if his schedule goes back to 11am-9:30pm. I won't have to cook as much, do as many dishes, pick up as much, etc.

On the other hand, it will seem quiet and empty. I think Isaac will miss the boys & Auntie Jen a ton. There are always people besides me to entertain him, so he doesn't often get sick of me. That may change this summer - thus the playdates.

I welcome this change and the changing pace of summer at church. I enjoy sleeping in on Sundays and walking to church with my family. I love having actual lazy Sunday afternoons when I don't have to go set things up or get ready for youth group. I like being able to skip going to church in the evening if I want to...shhhhh, don't tell!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

we'll be looking forward to many playdates too! It will be a very fun summer.