Friday, June 25, 2010

a few of my favorite things...

It's been a while since I've shared my new favorite things, so here you go!

* Almond milk with cranberry crunch cereal. Really cereal in general is one of my favorite things this pregnancy, but adding the almond milk just puts it at the top of my list!

* homemade strawberry jam. I got a jar today from a student at church. Yummy!

* the farmers market. I love not only buying local and supporting our farmers, but also just the atmosphere of the market. I enjoy the experience of going and deciding what to get week to week.

* pedicures. I have one coming with a gift card I got for mothers day and I am so excited about it. Bending over to do it myself is just about out of the question these days.

* garage sales. I think it might be an official addiction. When I see a sign, it's as if my van has a mind of it's own and just starts veering in the direction of the sale...I need one of those "I brake for garage sale" bumper stickers to warn people following me!

* decluttering, organizing, selling. I am in full nesting mode, ladies & gentlemen. Let me at those closets, drawers and well, entire rooms! I MUST organize. It's almost as bad as the garage sale obsession. And watch out craigslist, soon you will be saturated with posts from me! Anyone needing a couch, tea table, love seat, coffee table or winter jackets? Wish I would've thought about selling all this BEFORE I had a garage sale! I think someone is buying our desk tomorrow, so that's a start!

* My husband, my son & my baby! I don't know if it's hormones or what, but wow, I am SO in love with them all I could burst. I have literally gotten teary putting Isaac to bed just telling him how much I love him. I feel like I should be on a Lifetime movie or something.

* uninterrupted sleep. It rarely happens anymore, but when it does. WOW.

* one-on-one 'dates' with my students. These are my favorite part of my job. I just started mentoring a girl for profession of faith. What should've taken about 1 hour took 2.5. We were on a roll talking about a huge spectrum of faith related topics. I look forward to the summer when I get to do a lot of this.

* speaking of summer schedules, one of my favorite things right now is relaxed Sundays. I love being able to actually go to church with my family and not have to be there early. I love having a relaxing afternoon where I can sneak in a nap. I love nothing in the evenings when I can truly rest and spend time with my family. Ahhh sabbath!

And there you have it, folks. My favorites.

No comments: