Friday, June 11, 2010

Yummy!

I had my glucose test this morning before my doc appointment. Is that orange drink yummy or what? I actually wish I had been given a choice - last time I had the 'cola' flavor and it wasn't nearly as bad. I'm hoping I pass!

I am 28 weeks and officially in 3rd trimester! The doc thinks I had food poisioning earlier this week & not the flu, based on what I told him. And he seemed all the more certain after I told him I had gone to 2 open houses on Sunday. Hmm. I wonder which Senior is the culprit!

He also limited my weight gain for the next 12 weeks to 10lbs. I had a better month than last month, but overall have gained 22lbs so far. He wondered out loud if I had possibly gotten late onset gestational diabetes with Isaac which is why he was so big. That makes a bit of sense as I measured right on with him up until the last month or so. It could've been that or maybe the immense amount of sweets I'm sure I ate around the holiday season...I guess we'll never know.

Anyhow, I'm waiting til next week to see if I passed and in the meantime pretending I might have GD and going to be even more intentional about my eating habits. Either way, making healthier choices is good for both baby yo-you and me. Feel free to slap my hand if you see it holding something my doc would scold me for. You have my permission!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Aw, man! Maybe you should visit my doc. he's the one who told me when I was pregnant with Jenna that if I wanted to eat 3 snickers bars for supper, I better. :) Oh wait, that's because I was losing weight I guess....

hang in there. only 12 weeks to go! (or 13?) :)

Unknown said...

Your Dr isn't very much fun! Pregnancy was always an excuse to eat what I wanted, when I wanted. Ok, me re-phrase that. Pregnancy was always an excuse to eat what sounded good and what would stay down without giving me heartburn. Sneak in a cookie or two in the next few weeks.