Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sabbath & Study

Today is maybe my first 'real' feeling sabbath in quite a while. I don't have any open houses to go to, no youth group activities, we aren't hanging out with anyone today and are truly just relaxing and enjoying our family time. I cherish days like these!

This summer Marc and I are attempting to be more intentional in our faith lives together. We are beginning a study called "What's the Difference? Manhood and Womanhood Defined According to the Bible." by John Piper. It's a DVD/study series that we will hopefully be spending time doing together each day. The goal is to watch the DVD and do the 'group study questions' together after Isaac goes to bed on Sunday evenings. There are 5 daily studies/questions that we are going to do each day from 2-3pm. I'm really looking forward to reconnecting with Marc on this level and hopefully bring some insight and clarity to our roles in our marriage. I'll try to do a review of the study and what we are learning every once in a while!

1 comment:

Laffin's said...

I am interested in hearing how you like this study. We do a lot of classes on Biblical Manhood and Biblical Womanhood in our church. It really does help to understand better what the bible says about the roles and men and women. Wish you were closer so we could discuss it. :) love you, tera