Thursday, August 12, 2010

37 weeks

As I sat on the couch last night, timing contractions that were about 4-5 minutes apart for about 2.5 hours, I started realizing that I could really have this baby any day now. Holy smokes, people. This is happening for real, and soon! I knew it wasn't true labor, so I wasn't freaking out at all, but it kinda put my motivation in overdrive. I've got so much to do before this little one makes an appearance. Mostly with work and recruiting enough leaders and getting everything planned for the fall kickoff. And it kind of sucks when most of the church is on vacation & at cottages and doesn't get back to me for WEEKS on end.

Sorry for that little vent.

I also have a large 'to do' list for home which feels never ending. Some nights I get a few things crossed off, and others these poor little swollen feet can take no more and I have to sit and relax. It will all happen, and if it doesn't, it's not the end of the world. I just need to remind myself of that when the basement baseboards are not cleaned and I have heaps of laundry left undone. I'm going to try to choose sanity over stress in these next few weeks. Wish me luck, or better yet, pray for me!

No comments: