Tuesday, January 5, 2010

How'd I do?

Let's review last years hopes. I'm afraid to see how many I failed at...


Hopes for 2009
I have learned over the years (especially married years) that I can plan, but God usually has a different plan. I like to think about the future and start to dream about what may be, so I thought I would share some hopes and dreams for the next year. It'll be interesting to see a year from now what has happened.

* Pay off a few more debts & build up our Emergency fund Did both, however lost our ER fund & created more debt with our Quimby street house.
* Marc to get through 2 more semesters! Yes!
* Take a week long vacation with my family Had it planned & it all fell through. :(
* Have the conversation about baby #2 You all know about this one...
* Lose another 5lbs-10lbs lost about 6lbs, but over Christmas went up a couple again...
* Meet my niece or nephew, and several other playmates for Isaac My niece, Charlotte made her apperance in March! Jenna arrived, Kyler arrived and my nephew, Simon arrived as well!
* Try several new recipes and learn how to meal plan a bit better (thanks for the inspiration Tera!) so-so. Last spring was better than this fall. Why meal plan when it's just you & a 2 year old who only wants chicken nuggets & applesauce?
* Know God and his word more. Having to pass the Bible Knowledge exam helped tremendously here. Also, my class helped me learn quite a bit.
* faithfully exercise (have now done yoga 3 times since Jan 1) Pretty sure training for 3 full months counts as fulfilling this goal, however I've barely done anything since then.
* Say "good bye" to Tim & Jung in June :( and perhaps "hello" to another student in the fall Done
* Fight with Kerri's friends, Mary & Jamie, to keep her living with us and not them. I successfully had Kerri until June. Not too bad!
* Read more books. I have many on my 'to read' list. FAIL
* Take more pictures and explore that hobby a bit more FAIL
* Have the conversation about our future post-Marc's graduation. Have done & continue to do
* New renters or buyers next fall for our Quimby street house. Ugh - don't get me started.
* Drink more water & less Diet Coke. Yup!
* Deepen friendships - be intentional in my relationships. Need to work at this more
* Honor my husband more & better. Need to work at this more as well

Hmmm. Reading these is giving me ideas for this years list of Hopes. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is why I dont goal set....YOU are lovely Gretchen