Monday, January 24, 2011

Quimby update

We have had renters in our Quimby street house since the end of last May. It has gone well so far...as far as I know. I've been probably too detached from the house and my role as a landlord. This is made easy by the fact that our tenants never call us with questions or complaints. They pay their rent on time and that's all we hear from them all month.

I can't drive down Plainfield without getting anxious. In fact, when I drive on 131 past the exit to get to Quimby, I become anxious. I've been functioning with the 'out of sight, out of mind' mentality which I know isn't healthy, but it's kept me sane.

I'm meeting with my tenants on Friday afternoon to discuss if they will continue a lease or not. I'm anxious. Please pray for God's guidance for us and them as we figure things out. Please pray for my anxiety about all this, and that I will truly "Trust in the Lord with all of my heart, and lean not on my own understanding."

No comments: