Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bible study

I am SO excited to begin bible study with a group of ladies from my church. It's been over a year (I think?) since I was a part of this group. I took time off as I took classes at Calvin Sem, and although I'm taking a class now, it's not too much work so hopefully I can swing it. I have really missed the fellowship and community this group offers.

I'm very thankful for my dear friend who leads the group, meaning that I don't have to. It's AMAZING to be a part of something at my church that I have NO part of leading. :) I do fear that sometimes in groups like this I talk a bit too much, so I have to try and restrain myself. I need to discern the fine line between trying to get discussion going by offering a thought and dominating discussion. I just have a hard time when people don't actively participate, and leave the leader hanging, so I always jump in.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to getting to know some new ladies, reading and discussing a thought provoking book, and spending time in prayer together.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Whoo-hoo! I am so excited for this study and to have you back too! It's going to be a challenging book and I'm glad to have you on board to challenge me. I also think that you'll be happily surprised at how conversation has grown over the past year, but please jump in with comments at any time!!! See you tonight!

GOTG said...

Yacking is a good thing, we have much to learn from your wisdom and thoughtfulness. Glad you are back!