Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday Musings

Haven't updated in a while, so here are a few bullet point updates to life at the Driesengas!

* 3 weeks of WW and I'm down 9lbs. Feeling good!

* Marc has been sick for a week. He's exhausted still, although feeling better besides that. I made him go to urgent care today, because I'm fearing it could be mono or something. In almost 6 years of marriage I have never seen him so tired. Strange considering his work/school schedule for the past 5 years. Something's not right. He'll get results of his blood work back on Wednesday.

* So far application have been sent to Missouri, Florida, & Hudsonville. In process are more Florida, Georgia and Pennsylvania. Hopefully Marc can get some energy back to work on them!

* Hope is 6 months tomorrow! We have her doc appointment and I'm anxious to see how much she's grown!

* I'm SO excited about youth group this Sunday. We've invited a few other churches to join us and we have Dr. Ron Nydam from Calvin Seminary coming to speak on "Romantic Radar". It's going to be great.

* My son is obsessed with the Black Eyed Peas. aye.

* Trying to live in peace through this transitional time in life. I want to go through this well, trusting in the Lord to lead us.

* Lent: not giving up anything, but trying to memorize a passage of Scripture each week. If you get the Banner, I really enjoyed this article in there about Lent. I'll post more on this later.

1 comment:

Laffin's said...

Great job on WW! I have been tracking my calories and exercising for 2 weeks and am down 5.8. It is so hard but it feels good to be able to exercise.

We are memorizing scripture for Lent too! Our church is memorizing Romans 8...the whole chapter! I have never done a whole chapter but it has been good to be in the word so far.