Monday, March 21, 2011

More Monday Musings

* Marc has Mono. At least that's what they think. He went in last week for bloodwork, BECAUSE HE THOUGHT HE MIGHT HAVE MONO, and guess what they FORGOT to test him for? Yup - MONO!!! Can you feel my frustration? Good thing I didn't go with him. So, more blood work today to confirm it, but that's the unofficial prognosis.

* I hit the 10lb weight loss mark today! 4 weeks, 10.2lbs down. Down 1.2lbs this week. Not bad this week considering I had a shamrock shake, a bowl of ice cream, and whatever those delicious cheesy, yummy triangle things are that JS makes, all in the last week. :) Amazingly I still didn't use all of my weekly points!

* Had an AMAZING youth group last night. We had between 90-100 people come for our combined youth group, and it was so exhilarating to have such a large group. It reminded me of my 'normal' size youth group at Sunshine. There are certainly pros & cons of having such a large group on a regular basis, but it was wonderful for last night, and really gave me the motivation for the rest of the year that is sometimes hard to find when you're this close to the end. 

* In less than 2 weeks, Marc, Kerri & I are heading to Chicago to go hear pastor Mark Driscoll at this event. We're staying with friends of mine who are providing child care while we go, and we get to visit a few other friends who just recently had their second child. I am SO excited to get out of GR for a weekend, to have a Sunday with zero responsibilities, to relax and be filled. Working in a church is wonderful, and I love what I do, but there are certain aspects of it that can be negative at times. Church staff (and their families) don't really have a pastor. There is a dual relationship that takes place for the staff and the pastor, and it's much different than being a lay person. Also, it's hard to actually go to church to worship on a Sunday. For me, I'm constantly thinking things church related during the service, then often bombarded with church related questions after the service. It's hard to even get to my kids in nursery & Children's Worship without being stopped about 10 times. I don't mind it at all, it's just a different church experience than what I think is 'normal'. I have never been in a church that I'm not working at as an adult. I don't honestly know what it's like. There is a small part of me that is excited about that possibility if Marc & I are to move. It would be kind of fun to get to 'church shop' and find a church together, find a ministry to volunteer in, become involved in different ways, and learn how to actually 'go to church'. I would have so much fun being a volunteer youth leader! Ha! What fun that would be!

1 comment:

April said...

Driscoll?

I hope its good, and the Chi is amazing.