Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I want a beer.

Okay, Okay, I know having a drink will not change/solve anything. But after a day like today, having a cold drink does sound quite refreshing. Oh well. 6-7 more months before that will happen.

I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. I am at a loss of what to do about Quimby. March is the 6th month of it sitting empty. 6 MONTHS of dealing with this stress. 6 Months of saturdays spent not as a family, but working on the house. 6 months of making minimum payments on everything instead of making progress on our debt. 6 months of desperate prayers. I am exhausted. And today, after having another no-show, I'm not sure I can keep it all together. I've been fighting to be strong, I've been trying to remain positive and hopeful, but I'm sinking fast.

Am I doing something wrong? We have been tithing regularly and I feel that we try to be faithful with our money - we don't go on extravagent vacations, we don't eat out unless it's with coupons or gift cards, we have family watch Isaac to save money... WHAT ARE WE DOING WRONG?

We have been praying for God's provision, praying for renters, and whether right or wrong, I have maybe said a prayer or two that God would stike down Quimby with a fire...yes, seriously.

I have been humbled by being in a situation of needing to take 'hand -outs' from friends, family and even the church. I have been humbled by having to email those same people week after week asking for help with Isaac, or help with painting, or whatever project we were working on at the time. It's hard to admit we can't afford to hire the work out. It's humbling. It's humbling to show our whole church family that we certainly do not live at the same level as most of them do. It's almost been embarassing for so many people to go to Quimby and see the neighborhood we chose to buy and live in. Everyone comments about how bad of a neighborhood it is, and that hurts to some extent. That's all we could afford, and I'm sorry it's not middle class. We are not middle class.

I sometimes feel like less of a person because of our situation. I'm just so done and so overwhelmed.

We need prayers desperately. I need prayers desperately. Especially today. I just can't handle it today.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Thinking about you guys and praying for you. Living downtown I think about you guys a lot- praying freedom comes soon for you and that the market picks up quickly for the both of us! The house looks great- hang in there!!!And I'd love to join you for that beer 6-7 months from now. =)

Kelly said...

Hey Girl. Your situation has been heavy on my heart. I've been thinking about you lots. And praying. I wish there was something that I could say to make you feel better or do to make it all go away. Please, keep continuing to ask for help -- I'd love to give it when I can - and Ali would love to play with Ike more often! Quimby is a beautiful house! I'm sure there is someone out there who will come to buy or rent, but in the meantime, I know patience can run thin. Hang in there - you've got a great support system around you and we love you!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could kick it to have a beer...or two with you.

Also, I dont think you are doing anything wrong...sometimes...shit is just that...shit. Cant explain why..or how...just a hope that something "fixes" in the end.

<3 you. You have people whe really, genuinely love you. Next time I will bring root beer.

Laffin's said...

praying for you. Anticipating how God is going to work this all out for you guys. love you

Wendy said...

First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy!!!! I am slow to read the news but no less happy for you.

Second, at the risk of sounding like one of Job's friends, I'm not sure how it all works, but I am pretty that is not how it works--that faithful doesn't lead in a straight line to comfortable. At least not the way the great American pseudo-success myth tells us. I must say I am prouder to know you and humbled and inspired more by your struggles and faithfulness than the "success" of those who haven't really had to be proven faithful because they haven't risked, and I am confident God is proud too. Anyway, I don't get why it has to keep being so hard for you either, but I will add my voice to the chorus praying for provision and perseverance.

Third, anyone who thinks you should be magically middle class should shut up and increase their tithe! ;)

Wendy