Monday, March 29, 2010

one shoulder lighter

I can't say that the full burden of Quimby street is off my shoulders, but it's certainly off one of them! I met with one of the guys today to go over the lease. He signed & is bringing it to the other two to sign as well. Move in date:May 20. A little later than we'd like, but better something than nothing. I'm realizing something could still happen to throw a wrench in this plan, but feeling mostly hopeful and some relief.

So, kinda humorous that my realtor called this afternoon to tell me we have a showing at Quimby tomorrow evening. I truly don't think anything like this will happen, but wouldn't it just be hilarious if we have a signed lease & an offer in the same week? ha!

In other random news, my house is a mess and has been continually in a mess and I'm okay with it. It really does drive me crazy, but I keep thinking that as soon as Marc is done with classes, our lives will settle and there will be more time for things like cleaning. We're all happy & healthy so a messy house isn't on the top of my list of concerns. 5 weeks + exams and we're in summer break mode. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Congrats on the lease! So happy for you, and hoping that the offer might come in too! =) That has got to feel good!

The Werfs said...

That's awesome to hear, Gretchen! Not about your messy house :), but your lease with those renters and the showing you had. Praying it all goes through without any more hassles and stress for you!