Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Biggest Loser Challenge

So last year around this time, I did a biggest loser challenge online with a bunch of women I didn't know. I got 2nd place :(, but it was very helpful to have some accountability and something to motivate me towards healthy living/eating.

So, I decided to start my own challenge. Here are the details. Let me know if you're interested (excluding probably most of my blog readers who are all currently pregnant! :) )
and feel free to invite your friends too! You can let people know to email me at gretchendriesenga@gmail.com if they want to join. We won't start until October 23, so that gives us over a week to recruit some more people! Feel free to post the challenge as your status, or email friends or word of mouth. People don't need to be local to GR to participate.

Biggest Loser
October 23-December 23

Each participant will pay $10 to join. The winner of the challenge will collect 75% of the pot, 2nd place will get 15% of the pot, 3rd place will get 10% of the pot. So, obviously the more people we get involved, the bigger the pot will be.

We will weigh in and record our progress every Saturday, starting on October 23 with our starting weight. If you fail to weigh in by Saturday midnight, you will owe another $1 to the pot. If you gain during the week, you will owe $1 for each pound gained (due at the end of the challenge).

I’m planning to start a blog dedicated to this challenge, so you can email me your weekly weigh in or comment on the blog. Your starting weight will not be posted, just if you gained/lost each week. The winners will be determined by overall percentage of weight loss, not merely who lost the most pounds.

I will also post articles/inspiring ideas/exercise routines/healthy recipes, etc to the blog as a way to encourage everyone & would welcome any links to things you find helpful in our journey towards health!

Just think - even if we merely do the 1-2lbs weight loss per week that is recommended, that would be anywhere from 8-16lbs by Christmas time! How exciting would it be to buy a size smaller clothes with our Christmas gift cards! :)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

thanks for the reminder that as you go down, i go up...appreciate it. :)

ps. do you have any clothes that I could borrow for a formal business event that I need to go to in a few weeks? I'm not sure how big I'll be (or not) by then, so I have no idea how to plan ahead for this one!

Marc and Gretchen said...

Yup!! Just put all my maternity clothes in a bin, so you can look through it anytime!! And I have some regular clothes that are bigger that could work!