Sunday, September 19, 2010

Another baby!

We are home and trying to get into a groove as a family of 4 (or more accurately, 5 with Young). Hope slept actually too well on Friday night. She wouldn't wake and wouldn't eat. She hasn't been eating well at all even though she knows how to latch on and nurse. She's just too sleepy to do it. We called the doc last night because she's starting to look a bit jaundice. He wants to see her on Monday so we'll be waking up on time to call and get an appointment.

She also has a 'bubble' on the back of her head. I don't know how else to describe it except that it feels like a very large blister. I'm anxious to find out what that might be as well.

Overall, we're doing well and feeling good. It's worlds different than after having Isaac. God certainly answered my prayers about having a baby who can nurse. I was so anxious we'd have problems again, and while we have a few minor adjustments, we're feeling very blessed.

So, in other family news, my sister in law had a baby on Saturday morning! I was due Sept 3 and she was due Oct 2. We joked about having our kids in the same week as she was early for her last baby and I was late. Lo and behold, same thing happened and our children are less than 3 days apart! What a big week for our family!

No comments: