Friday, September 17, 2010

Her name

So a few people have asked us how we decided on Hope's name. I have had a list of about 3 or 4 girl names that I've always liked and have since before Isaac was even born. We had a list with those names, a few others Marc added and then a few that I added after going through a name book. Probably a day or two after finding out it was a girl, we started going through the list & crossing off ones that one or both of us no longer liked. We got to 'Hope' (which Marc had originally suggested and I thought was a great middle name, but wasn't convinced) and for some reason it just felt right. Neither of us wanted to take it off, and from that point on, no other name was so perfect for our little girl.

We played around with a few middle names and I decided that I would somehow like Hope to have a part of my name included in her name. My middle name is Anne, but we thought Hope Anne was too short. So began another long list of all the names we could think of that included either 'Anne' or 'Anna'. We came across Anneliese and thus her name was complete!

And, just in case you're wondering, it is pronounced Anne - eliese, not On -a- liese. :)

2 comments:

GOTG said...

How wonderful when the name just comes and there is no other name that seems to matter. It's a great name for a great child of God. Will email you in the next few days to see about a visit and some Greek food for you. :)

Judy said...

I love the name Hope. It is Kate's middle name. Her full name is Kathleen Hope. Just loved the Hope. I always wanted a Katie. Thankfully Bert liked the name Katie. If we had had another girl her middle name would have been Joy. Oh, well. Just thought you'd like to know of another Hope. I hope yours brings you as much joy and love as ours.