Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday

My body has been through a lot in the last few weeks. I've been more aware of my body recently than I have been since giving birth. I'm realizing that I'm not altogether healthy. I may have competed in a triathlon only 2 months ago, and I may not be obese, but I am certainly not as strong or fit as I could be. And I have no doubts that my eating habits need to improve. I had a goal of getting down to my pre-Isaac weight before getting pregnant again. I failed. Now is another opportunity to get there, so I'm going for it.

On Monday I joined about 15 other women who are doing a local 'biggest loser' competition. We weigh in on Wednesday's and track our progress on a blog. If we gain, we pay more into the pot. It's going until January 13th - Isaac's 2nd birthday! I weighed in on Monday and weighed in again today & have lost 3lbs already! I think I may have weighed in right after eating lunch on Monday or something. :)

Anyhow - I thought I'd track my progress on my own blog as well.

Just to clarify:

I am NOT interested in being a skinny minnie. I am NOT interested in looking like a model, or being able to wear a bikini. I am NOT interested in unhealthy obsessing over my looks or weight. I am NOT interested in placing my value or worth on my weight.

I AM trying to get to a healthy weight for my height and frame. I AM trying to get healthy so I can teach my son healthy living habits. I AM trying to get fit so that when I hopefully am able to get pregnant again, my body is in good shape for it.

So, Weigh in Wednesday #1 - 3lbs lost! Total lost: 3lbs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got ya

Anonymous said...

is curry oin your diet? Ill make it for you sometime....!